Thursday, January 04, 2007

flash-back 2




Because I'm feeling all sniffly and want to think of happy things, I thought I'd show you another flash-back to earlier days in Japan.


Last fall, soon after I got here, four of us JETS - John, Kat, Chelsea, and myself - went on a hike north of Kofu in an area known as Shosekyo.

Yes, most of it was on a paved path, so it was more of a "walk" than a "hike", but, nevertheless, it was georgous.

The leaves were just beginning to turn deep orange and crimson.

Our walk took us to the edge of steep cliff faces over a stream, and a beautiful waterfall.

After the hike we stoped for a wine tasting (at a shop that was built just overlooking the waterfall). I ended up buying a sweet red wine called "ruby" designed by the Yamanashi wine club (Yamanashi-Ken is famous for its grapes, and, so too, for its wine).

All in all, it was one of my happiest days here in Japan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! It's so beautiful there. I love the "scale". One must have a hard time not to explode from the beauty. Wow. You are so fortunate. It's good to see you looking so happy also. Really good photo of you, your friends and the donkey cart. Thank you for sending us all these delicious photos. Lv Dad

Grace said...

hehe...your too much dad! Your welcome.

Yes, it was quite the pretty scene. At moments i felt like i was all wrapped up by the sky, trees and water around me. I felt so small in the beauty around me. The leaves were just beginning to change, so we would come across these patches of orange and crimson.

At the end of it all, when i was sipping wine and looking out the window overlooking the waterfall i had to pinch myself. I couldn't believe i was in Japan.

Everyone reading this I tell you - please don't be afraid to try new things and go to new places. There is so much beauty out there, just waiting for you to find it. More beauty than you could ever imagine.